Wow, since April. I didn't think I would ever step so far away from this blog. It was great for so so long, but several things have happened this year.
1. I realized that anyone could read what I wrote. Yes I realize this should have been a given. About a year ago, I went to a birthday party that happen to fall after an especially heart wrenching post I wrote about how hard I was struggling. I met a complete stranger there that was a friend of a friend and she found my blog through our mutual friend. Anyway, she had read it and commented to me about it. It wasn't a bad comment, but it bothered me. I felt raw and vulnerable and as I was there struggling with the girls, I felt like I was a complete failure. I felt like someone had gone through my personal journal and waved it around for all to see. Never mind that person was indeed myself. I mean, hello, public blog here.
2. In the span of a 12 hour period, my father-in-law passed away and my mom had a heart attack. She recovered and is doing well, but to say we were shaken is a huge understatement. Our lives changed in an instant and I was thrown into adulthood. I'm going to quote Forest here and say, "That's all I'm gonna say about that." At least for the moment.
3. Then, a short time later, my on-line support group of MOMs (Moms of Multiples) split right down the middle. I'm not going to go into the nitty gritty, but so many things were said and done it was staggering to go through. I've since taken a step back from it. The internet became a scary place for a little bit. I was hesitant to open myself up to those who could still read about my life and that included the blog.
Now, not all my reasons are negative because...
4. I started a cake decorating business. I started making cakes for family and friends and friends of friends in January. Since it is now legal in Texas to be a home baker, I have started opening it up to the public. Serendipity Cakes was born and it took off like crazy. As of today, I have had 29 orders for cakes, cupcakes, cupcake toppers, or Fondant figures. Plus, I made all 3 of the kids' cakes, too. It has truly been an amazing experience.
Here are some of my favorites:
It has truly brought me out of my funky depression more than anything has so far. So, it has also been taking up some of my extra time. My Facebook page is here Serendipity Cakes on Facebook. I would love for you to keep up with me! I am in the process of choosing a logo, a painfully slow process. I am also working on a website. I will post that as soon as it is up.
5. Sheesh, the kids. They are huge and fast and busy! Looking through pictures to post, I am embarrassed at the lack of them to choose from.
This one is from August!
This child is now 4 inches shorter than me.
They started Mother's Day Out in September
Saved my sanity, let me tell you!
So now you are a little caught up with us.
I'm not really sure about the blog. I felt like blogging today, so I did. I want to get back into it, but...see above reasons.