Monday, May 4, 2009

Makes My Monday

I am SO not a bird person. I just don't enjoy them at all really.

Unless...

She builds her nest in my hanging flowers for the 3rd year in a row.


See her? There she is...

They began building their nest a few days after I put it up. We have 4 eggs inside that wonderfully formed nest. Mama sits inside and watches us come and go hardly ever flying away unless someone gets too close or moves too fast. Daddy bird is always close by watching over them.

This year I am going to try and water the flowers from the other side of the container with a long spouted watering can. The nest sits above the lowest vines/branches of the flowers so it will not get wet.

I don't know enough about these birds to know if it is the same bird that has come back for three years. I'd like to think so. Ignorance is bliss and all that...

::sigh::

I love her


Play along with Cheryl over at Twinfatuation







8 comments:

SouthernDogwoods said...

How precious! Love it!

monica said...

I think that is very cool!! I like seeing that kind of stuff and they keep coming back year after year! I am sure that Zachary loves seeing the babies also!!

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

that is so sweet, she loves you + your flowers!

Debz said...

Well I think that's sweet. And as long as she doesn't dive bomb you while your getting groceries from the car to the house, then she will remain sweet.
If and when that should happen though, let me know and I'll send you my slingshot. Just sayin.

Cheryl Lage said...

She looks like such a gentle, loving, protective mama! Maybe she likes being around a good maternal example! ;)

Think this is one of the dearest Makes My Mondays ever...thank you so much for playing along, Sara!

Linda said...

How totally adorable!!!!!!

Soliloquy said...

That momma bird is probably bloggig right now about how grateful she is that you keep hanging that flower basket out for her year after year.....

You momma's got something beautiful goin' on.

Nancy K said...

This is Sophie & Hannah's Nana - I enjoy looking at your blog. Your girls are so cute! I can tell them apart now. I love this picture of the little bird making a nest in your hanging plant. How cute!