Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Couponing: Using "The List"

I just want to put this out there. I am in no way a coupon expert. I am just learning myself. It is one of those things that I found to save money and am so excited I want to share it with everyone!

So here's what I do. Every Sunday I get papers and print off my Albertson's list. The list has sale items with and without combined coupons. The Grocery Game even color coordinates items that you need to stock up on and items you buy only if you really need them right now. The chart has a column that shows where you can find the coupon to go with the sale. It may say 1/4 R = This coupon can be found in the January 4 Red Plum packet.

(I will also look at the CVS and Walgreens lists throughout the week. Those are a post all by themselves.)

Since I have cut my favorites out of the packets already, very rarely do I need to go searching for anything, but every couple of weeks I do. There have been those great finds I have missed so it is def worth it to save those coupon packets.

I plan my menus around what I have stockpiled with a few exceptions. Did I stockpile Pillsbury crescent rolls? I will have chicken packets, pigs in a blanket, and other recipes I can find to use this as an ingredient.

Also, I understand a lot of you think that most coupons are for processed foods. There are a lot, but here is what I found in this week's packets:

P&G - Every coupon in this packet is for toiletries, batteries, medicine, diapers, makeup, well, you get the idea.

Red Plum -
Frozen veggies and fruit
Folgers coffee
Suave Hair products
Rice
Vaseline lotion


Smart Source -
Pedialyte
Huggies Diapers
Teddy Grahams
Jello Pudding
Excedrin

And that's not all, I just picked a few that I thought might be good. This is just one week. All I am saying here is give it a chance. Sometimes I find bread coupons, cheese coupons, even fruit or veggie coupons.

Leave me a comment if these posts are helping or if anyone is even still interested. I am feeling a bit like I am talking to an empty room.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am reading EVERY WORD!! I bought one paper on Sunday, I felt like I would be overwhelmed with more. And I checked out Couponmom.com since I'm not ready to pay for the Grocery game just yet. I clipped everything I thought I would use and saved the packet, it's all together on my kitchen table. I think I need to get a few more papers under my belt before the List will be super beneficial to me. And, I'm going to have to get in the habit of shopping at other stores and not just Walmart.... Please keep passing the info on! I'm not ready for the CVS post just yet, but don't let me stop you if you're ready to put it out there... I'll just wait to work on it until I'm ready. Thanks!! ~Linda B.

Heather said...

I am trying to catch up. The start of this was at the same time Sydney and Carynne's passing and I kind of took a break from reading my regular blogs for a few days and now I am way behind. But I am reading when I sit here and feed a baby. THANKS for caring enough to share these money-saving tips.

The Wilsons said...

I LOVE reading your blog and money saving ideas. I need to get motivated to start coupon clipping and doing this. My problem is, I think I checked out one of the sites you recommended and it didn't have a store in our area. :(