Monday, March 2, 2009

Menu Plan Monday



Last week was not one of my best. I forgot to put the meat in the crock pot for the beef sandwiches, I didn't make the the chicken for the 3rd week in row. Ugh! BUT, I did make the most delicious meatloaf. Yummy! We even had it for leftovers the next night. I have to share the recipe. I got it from my ex-step-mother-in-law. Got that? She is a wonderful cook. She had her family's recipe and she tweaked it to become her "Nowdays Meatloaf". I usually don't follow the recipe exactly. This time I did with only a few additions ( my additions are blue ).

Here is my Meatloaf Nowdays Recipe:

1 lb ground beef
1/2 can of tomato sauce (about 7 oz)
3/4 cup uncooked oats or 3/4 stack of crumbled saltines (I used oats this time)
1 egg
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 1/2 t salt
1/4 t pepper
1 T beef bullion
2 or 3 T Worcestershire sauce
2 or 3 T liquid smoke
1/2 cup sweet potato puree

1/2 cup butternut squash puree

1 T wheat germ

2 T flaxseed meal


Mix everything in a bowl with your hands. Press into a greased loaf pan or round pan.
Top with a mixture of:
1 cup ketchup
rest of tomato sauce
1/2 cup of brown sugar

2 T liquid smoke


Bake at 400 degrees for 1 hour Oh so yummy


Monday:
Breakfast - Cheese toast and smoothies
Lunch - Spinach wrap with tomato
Dinner - Barbecue Sandwiches (the meat is already in the crockpot, dang it!!)

Tuesday:
Breakfast - Cereal
Lunch - Subway
Dinner - Lasagna

Wednesday:
Breakfast - Oatmeal
Lunch - Tuna Sandwich
Dinner - Pizza and salad

Thursday:
Breakfast - Cereal
Lunch - Subway
Dinner - Oriental Chicken Wraps

Friday:
Breakfast - Cheese Toast
Lunch - Spinach Salad
Dinner - Take Out

Saturday:
Breakfast - Cinnamon Rolls
Lunch - BLTs
Dinner - Something without cheese since we are having our friends over who gave up cheese for Lent. :-0 !!

Sunday:
Breakfast - Bacon and eggs
Lunch - Rotisserie Chicken with pasta salad
Dinner - Leftover Buffet

2 comments:

Mom, Mommy, Mama said...

I want your BBQ sandwich one!

Sara said...

It is in last week's menu. It was yummy!