Sunday, April 11, 2010

Makes My Monday - Spring

Before I get into the real reason for this post, I'll fill you in a little about the state of our household. We had a great, long run of no sickness. Well, no more. Zachary had the flu last week and then an ear infection over the weekend. Gary had the flu, too and is having a horrible time with allergies. The girls checked out fine with negative strep and flu tests (YAY!). Abby did have a fever today, so we are wondering if she has the flu now. Their allergies are also really bad, too. I have been fine besides allergies. Holy Moly, pollen is crazy bad! The normal count is 120 and we are at 5000! We are using our weight in kleenex right now.

But now, on to what makes my Monday.

Spring

That's what Makes my Monday. I can't remember the last time I enjoyed the coming Spring like this year. Last year was a fog and the year before that I was hugely pregnant and not getting out much at all. But this year, oh this year. We go for walks, we spend so much time outside and with the windows open. I am loving this Spring!

My flower bed out front is coming along nicely.



The roses are budding
All of these...
will turn into this...

All these...


will turn into this...

And so many others are in the process of coming back. I still need to go get a few new annuals to fill in. One of my favorite things is this little statue we got when we found out the girls were indeed girls and not 2 boys or a boy and a girl. I love that we found an older brother reading to his younger sisters.


Another favorite...
I bought it during a time when Peace was very important to me, about 5 years ago. It has moved from garden to garden and it makes me happy whenever I look at it.


But really,

what really and truly

makes my Monday


is...

...my little mama bird is back,

for the 4th year in a row.

You can read about last year here, and the year before here,

I cannot wait to watch the building of the nest and the babies!! This year you can see that I hung a birdhouse there beside the hanging basket. I thought maybe they would be more comfortable in a house, you know?? But, it looks like they will build in my hanging basket again. Yay! Because this way I can see the little baby heads poke up to be fed.

Yep, pretty much loving Spring.




Play along with Cheryl over at Twinfatuation











Vote For Us @ TopBaby Blogs! The Best Baby Blog Directory

4 comments:

nbjenni said...

Ohh, I love your flowers!

monica said...

Your flowers are gorgious! I love spring also. Yay for you mama bird how exicting to see the magic of life apear in your hanging basket! I hope everyone is feeling better!

Cecilia said...

Beautiful pictures!

Cheryl Lage said...

Such beatiful pictures make the pollen almost bearable!

That kind of beauty is a Monday Maker for SURE!

Thank you so much for playing along, Sara---and wishing your family well!