Friday, December 12, 2008

Shoes

Post #2 of today

I am not a shoe person, in fact, I hate to shop for shoes. I am the kind of gal who finds a great pair and buys it in brown and black. I do have a few colorful flip-flops for summer time but you will not see me walking around in Jimmys. I think the most I have ever spent on a pair of shoes was $60 and they were boots. And I got them in brown and black.

So, imagine my dismay when I started wearing shoes again after my Shrek feet went down after my girls came. I mean, my size 8.5 feet did grow to be a size 12 toward the last of my pregnancy so is it any wonder that none of my shoes fit me? None.of.my.shoes.fit.people. Did you get that? My nice collection of shoes that I have built up does not fit. Do you know what does fit? My nice colorful summer flip flops and my Crocs that I wore the last half of my pregnancy. You know, the size 12 ones?

::sigh::

I like my feet. I think I have pretty feet, but little and sexy they are not. I broke down and got a new pair of Nikes...in a size 9.5. People! That is almost a ten! Gasp!! Ugh!!

My collection of shoes that no longer fits...


3 comments:

tbonegrl said...

hey watch it lady, this bigfoot wears tens...

Anonymous said...

Ya know what.....I am a size 11.5....after all those foot slurs you spouted, I may not be able to speak to you anymore!

*And i do not even find it necessary to share with all your blogger friends how tall I am.*

monica said...

Oh I am right there with you. I was a 6 before getting PG with twins and now I am a 7. All my shoes (and I am not a shoe person either) will not fit. Two and a half years later I am still trying to replace shoes that I have out grown.