Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day

I have decided to follow suit with so many others and do "Sunday Show and Tell". What better day to start than Father's Day.

My Show and Tell is my husband as a step-father. For our wedding, Gary and I decided we wanted Z to be in on our unity part of the ceremony. We each got a color of sand to pour together to symbolize our family coming together. The brown colored sand at the bottom is a symbol of our family's foundation being the Lord.

Here we are pouring ours in together


Well, it was a good idea initially. It had rained that morning and the moisture in the air had made the sand clumpy. Zachary finished pouring his way before us. So, it is not exactly what I had in mind since his is not really mixed with ours, but it's the thought that counts right?


Here is the finished product


Here is Gary making his own vows to Z.


He promised this:
I choose you to be my family. I promise to honor and respect you and to provide for you to the best of my ability. I promise to make our home a haven, where trust, love, and laughter are abundant. I make these promises lovingly and freely
and vow to honor them all the days of my life.

There was not a dry eye in the house. These promises mean a lot to both Z and me because we had not had that stability of a father figure in Z's life. Gary is the most wonderful step-dad I could have asked for for Z. He loves him unconditionally. He is such a strong role model in so many areas.

We love you, Gary and thank you for being the best step dad ever!

2 comments:

Katie said...

What a beautiful wedding, and such a sweet tribute to your husband! I hope you are hanging in there in the home stretch of pregnancy. Congrats on such great weights at your last appt - those little gals are going to be so healthy and perfect! Can't wait to hear the announcement of their arrival. I feel like I'm reliving my days this time last year - it feels like just yesterday that I was counting down the days until my gals' arrival!

Debz said...

Oh Lisa, that's a great idea. And I love the colors of the sand that now represent your "family". It's beautiful.
I love that you included Z in your ceremony. Sweet, sweet, sweet.