Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Tired...tired...tired

This pic of Abigail says it all...


Call me naive, go ahead, I deserve it, but I really and truly didn't think I would be this tired. With Z, I pretty much was the one who got up with him every night because I didn't have to work (I was a teacher and summer vacation was after my 6 weeks leave.) I handled it well with less sleep and no naps.


Ok, so there is the whole "there are two babies this time" thing. That's a definite factor here. Plus, I have heard "you are older" more times than I possibly want to. And there is the fact that I spent 4 days in the hospital with all that fluid outtake. Plus, I am more sore this time. The few days after my c-section were def better than last time, but I know it has taken me longer for the pain to ease this time. It didn't help that my Dr. had to "chisel" his way to my babies this time...nice. I am not taking my heavy duty pain meds anymore, but I can't help but wonder if I should be. I keep reminding myself that I am recovering from major surgery. It helps, sometimes.

Anyway...back to being tired. I finally got to take a nap yesterday after I finished crying pretty much all day for no reason. Well, Gary did cook bacon (MY FAVORITE) for breakfast and I can't have any with my low sodium diet I am on. But really, it didn't warrant the tears that followed so I know it has got to be my hormones leaking. I also took a nap today. Both times I slept for a good 3 hours. Did I wake up refreshed in any way?? Nope! Here it is 11:00 and I am nodding off as I type. So, as stupid as it sounds, I didn't think I would be this tired.

On another hand I am down to only 9 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight. 9 freakin' pounds!! I am so excited!! I have lost 45 pounds in 2 weeks!! Of course, I had help from major drugs to do it, but I might as well find a silver lining in that dreary hospital room somewhere.



I never posted my last pregnancy picture so here goes...


And can I just say...Holy Crap

You will never hear me say I miss pregnancy...never, ever, ever, ever.

2 comments:

Debz said...

all that baby goodness in that belly.
just keep taking the naps where you can get them and feel safe in the knowledge that it will get better with time. it may be 3 years from now, but it will get better (lol)
{{HUGS}}

Harris Boys said...

I remember that feeling like it was yesterday. just remember to sleep when they sleep...the dishes and laundry will still be there. Hope the 'fog' lifts soon (probably won't), but maybe the girls will give you some long stretches of sleep.

::HUGS::