Monday, May 5, 2008

Tagged

I got "tagged" to list 6 unimportant things about myself. Isn't it funny how special we feel when we have been tagged. I actually got tagged about a month ago, but I am just now getting to it. I don't know the tagged rules, but I'm doing it now. So here goes:

1. I am a speed reader, a super speed reader. I read the 6th Harry Potter book in a day (Of course, that's all I did that day). I usually do finish a book in a day. My husband will look over and ask, "Did you start another book?"

2. My brother chose my middle name, Cindi. He named me after his Kindergarten teacher. I used to absolutely hate it, but then I figured out he loved the fact that I hated it, so I learned to deal with it. They used to run my first and middle name together "Saracindi"...Umm..yea...I still hate that.

(Gosh this is hard, I should have thought about this before I started)

3. I don't think there should be different time zones around the world. I cannot comprehend how I leave my home on a Saturday and arrive on the other side of the world on Friday. I have a solution to the problem also, but no one had asked me to save the world so....

4. I grew up in the country on 80+ acres of land to roam around at will. I grew up chasing junebugs, grasshoppers, throwing spear grass, picking dewberries, swimming in creeks, and fishing with bamboo poles and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

5. I played the French Horn in band in Junior High and High School. Yes, I was one of those people, those band people. French Horns still blow best!

6. Bacon is my guilty pleasure. I could eat a pound of bacon by myself with no help. When my husband makes bacon he has to cook extra because he knows I will eat half of it while he is cooking it.

That was harder than I thought. That took forever for me to finish!!

I was tagged by a wonderful on-line friend, in the middle of a horrible time in her life. Her babies were born at 23 weeks and they died. Her and her husband lovingly refer to them as "the Doodles". We had the same due date and we went through IVF together, so because of this I feel a connection to her. I know some people find this odd since I have never met her in real life, but in some ways she knows what I have been through with IVF and the fears that come with it more than my real life friends.
She is such an incredibly strong woman. I admire her courage in getting out of bed each morning, even when she probably doesn't feel like it. I have grieved along with her over her precious doodles and not a day goes by when I don't lift her and her husband up in prayer. So I take this time to mention her and honor the memory of her babies.

And...I tag Sarah (who just started her blog), Katie, April, and Aimee (who just had her babies and may not have time for this) Have fun ladies!

No comments: