Monday, November 24, 2008

Menu Plan Monday



Ok here we go...
Since I went with old stand-bys last week there is really nothing major to note about them except the White Chili.
Since I have been making this a long time, I have taken a few liberties with the recipe so I thought I would share them. First of all, I double the recipe for our family, except for a few things. I am not a chili kind of person so I only use half of what the original recipe calls for. I also do not double the red pepper. The added white corn was excellent! It will def be added every time now. I also added sour cream to mine for the first time and it really added a great flavor. There was about 4 servings left over to freeze. This freezes wonderfully! Gary and I absolutly love this recipe. Zachary? Not so much. He tried it then had a ham and cheese sandwich. He has had it before and liked it so we will have it agian.


Ok, so here is this week's menu.

Monday:
Hamburger Stew
I got this recipe from a fellow teacher. It is super easy
2 lbs of hamburger meat browned with a little onion
3 cans of Minestrone Soup
2 cans of Ranch Style Beans
2 cans of Rotel - I drain these
1 can of Beef Broth
1 package of Taco Seasoning
Put it all in a pot and heat on the stove. Yummy and easy peasy

Tuesday: Cheesy Crockpot Chicken
This is my new one to try this week.

2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 can cheddar cheese soup
1/4 tsp garlic powder
Cut chicken into bite size pieces and put into the bottom of the crockpot. Add the rest of the ingredients on top. Cook 8 hours on low. Serve over rice or noodles.

Wednesday:
I am not sure about this day. We will probably have leftovers or grilled cheese sandwiches.

Thursday: Turkey Day with Gary's family
Our part of the menu is Green Bean Casserole, Corn, and Sopapilla Cheesecake (Gary's specialty)
We increase the amount of cinnamon and mix the sugar and cinnamon together for it all. This is so so SO good. Everyone asks for this when Gary comes over.

Friday: Turkey Day with my family
Hmmm...I better see if I am supposed to bring anything this day!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Grocery Savings
Yeah, nothing here this week yet. I didn't go last week, so I really have to go this week. I will be going tonight and I will update after I go.


I was a part of a recipe exchange over email so I got some good things to try for next week. Yay!

Happy Monday Everyone!

Sara

4 comments:

Harris Boys said...

yay for you...I hate to cook and could never plan an entire week of meals. at least thur and friday and the weekend are covered this week...lol

yummy left over turkey :)

Anonymous said...

Hi

What a great blog you have!

I have just started a new blog focused on the funny logic of kids and how they come up with really cute conclusions. It's brand new and I am hoping to add some material from moms like you. I will also link back to you of course. Please visit and please share a story or two if you can

Thanks!
Dad S
ps - I gave you a vote on the blogger choice awards too : )

Anonymous said...

Great recipes. Happy Thanksgiving.

Robin said...

I have a version of Cheesy Crockpot Chicken that is very similar to (if not the same as)yours. I love it!!